Achieving good results with an online dating service is possible as long as you follow a few rules. As with most things in life, there is the normal way of doing things, and then there is the efficient way. Hey, life is too short to waste time.
Most people don’t get the maximum use out of dating sites because they are either too apprehensive, not aggressive enough, or they procrastinate. We’ve all been there. Somehow, it’s just easier waiting around for someone to contact us instead of making the first move.
Here are a few tips that are guaranteed to explode your dating prospects:
1. Don’t be afraid to make the first move. Unless you have a very hot photo attached to your profile, chances are, you could be waiting a while before anyone bothers to contact you. Look at it this way: Someone has to make the first move, why not you? By proactively contacting other members, you are increasing your list of choices. The more choice you have, the better chance you have at meeting that special someone.
2. Always keep your contacts separate. Keep detailed records for each person and try not to mix them up. Nothing is more embarrassing than getting two people confused. Not only that, but it also sends a strong signal that you’re not taking things seriously.
3. Don’t feel guilty about playing the field. After all, you want someone who is compatible, and there is no better way to accomplish that than by using the power of sheer numbers that the internet can provide. After all, we’re talking about your future happiness here. Take your time and don’t accept the first thing that comes along.
4. Use the advanced features of the dating site. Most sites now offer private messaging and instant messaging. Another great feature is the ability to simply signal another member, letting them know that you saw their profile and would like to know more. In fact, you don’t have to say a word – they will simply get a message in the form of a wink, kiss, or whatever clever word the site admin uses. Your profile link is attached and nothing else. They can check you out with one mouse click. You can contact a lot of people in a short amount of time by using this method.
5. Develop a good screening method, and use it. Obviously, you won’t be able to develop a relationship with everyone you get to know. You should have a very good idea of what type of person you are looking for and weed out anyone that doesn’t fit the profile. That’s not to say that they are not worthy, or that they are somehow defective – It’s just that they are not compatible with you. Don’t be afraid to hurt someone’s feelings if you sense that things are not working out. Sure, they might be hurt, but you’ll be doing them a favour by cutting things short and not stringing them along. People are resilient, and if they are smart, they will also have a large list of dating prospects.