Wondering how to get over someone you love after struggling through a breakup? Are you completely lost when it comes to making the right moves that will help you get on with your life? Then the following steps could change the entire game for you.
1. One of the first things you want to do is get back to reality. You are suffering, there is no doubt about that, but you are likely making things worse if you are looking at your ex and the relationship you had through rose-colored glasses. You have to start thinking about the negative as well as the positive. There is no doubt that there were certain things about your ex that you hated, and vice-versa. Things were not always a bed of roses and you have to remember that.
How many times did you feel mistreated by your ex? Maybe they made you feel like a second class citizen more often than you would like to admit. Would you really want that again? When you are able to see them in a more realistic light, you will notice that your feelings of hopelessness and despair are going to disappear. You are now looking at them as a human being, equipped with faults. The fact that you may not want them as much as you did yesterday is going to do wonders for you from a psychological standpoint.
2. Trust that things will improve – even if you are at the lowest point of your life at the moment. This is not just something you are hoping for, as it is a fact that time is the great equalizer when it comes to healing a broken heart. There will be a day where you will look back at everything and wonder what all the fuss was about.
3. Avoid any bitterness and unpleasant behavior. Yes, you are frustrated, hurt, confused, and maybe a little angry, but that is no reason to lash out. You must keep your emotions under control if you want another chance at getting your ex back in the future. It is easy to exact your revenge, but is very difficult to maintain control and dignity. What are you going to be remembered for? Keep in mind that you could say things in the heat of the moment that can never be taken back. For a moment of gratification and satisfaction, you are risking your future happiness.
4. Redirect all that negative energy into something positive for yourself. You have tried to make things right with your ex, but it isn’t working out. Not that it can’t be worked out, just that there is more time needed for things to cool off. In the meantime, you can either mope around and wait, or you can start doing things that are going to improve your own life. Take this time to start a new career, go back to school, or start a new hobby. Whatever you do is going to be better than sitting at home, waiting for a phone call that may never come.
5. While you are away from your ex, it is a good idea to really think about what lead to the breakup in the first place. If you don’t know why they decided to end it, you are almost guaranteed to experience the same thing again if you manage to reconcile – except that this time it is likely to be permanent. Deep down, you likely know what led to the breakup, even if you find it painful to think about. If it is something that you did, then you need to fix it. Don’t wallow in pity and feel sorry for yourself if you have cheated or you were abusive. Take responsibility for your actions and work on improving yourself before diving head-first into the relationship again.
No matter how you look at it, it is not easy to get over someone you love. You cannot turn off your feelings like a tap and you cannot easily forget about the time you spent together. However, trust that things will get better and concentrate on getting through this one day at a time.
But what if you really aren’t ready to give up on your soul-mate? What then? Should you harrass them with messages and phone calls until they give in? Of course not – you have to do this right, or you are going to lose them forever.
Wondering what steps you should be taking this very minute? Are you willing to do what’s necessary to get your ex back? Well then have a look at the next page. This is something that has worked for thousands of people in your exact situation – and it could be exactly what you need to change your fortune this very minute.